7 Baking Tips for Beginners

Posted by 1 BAKERY
  1. Read the recipe to make sure you have all the ingredients and ensure you have enough time.
  2. Line your cake tins with baking parchment, this will help to remove the cake from the tin when it has been baked.
  3. Always weigh the ingredients correctly.
  4. Use the correct –sized tin specified in the recipe.
  5. Oven temperatures can vary, so it’s worth using an oven thermometer – I could not bake accurately without mine!
  6. Bring your eggs and butter to room temperature before baking.
  7. Once you’ve put the cake in the oven, don’t open the door until at least three- quarters  of the baking time has passed.

2 comments on "7 Baking Tips for Beginners"

Anonymous said...

Recently, I baked my daughter a Minnie Mouse cake and the recipe asked to use baking/parchment paper. I was hesitant as I’d never used it before plus all the cutting to fit the shape of the tin seemed like hard work but I had brilliant results and was glad I followed the recipe to the letter.

1 BAKERY on 13:59 said...

Hi Anonymous, yes I agree it’s time consuming but it’s worth the effort :)

Post a Comment

 

1 BAKERY Copyright 2009 bakery Designed by Ipiet Templates Blogger Styles | Best Cash Back Credit Card Image by Tadpole's Notez